Get Results of Labs and Other Tests
In most cases your lab results will be available in 5-7 days. The lab tests ordered will determine the actual length of time to complete.
If you call the office during normal business hours to discuss your results with a member of our staff:
- Please leave a message for the nurse to contact you.
- Callbacks are not done while waiting patients are in the office.
- You may schedule an appointment with your physician to discuss your results.
Request for Medication Refills
For medication refills, simply contact your pharmacy directly and they will make the request for you. Refill requests must come from a pharmacy.
Refill requests require at least 72 hours for approval. Please monitor your pill bottles and contact the pharmacy at least 5 days prior to running out of your medication. Please note that prescription refill authorizations are dependent upon you maintaining the recommended follow-up appointments with your provider.
For all Class II Controlled Substances, an approved prescription form is required by the Texas State Law. All refills on these medications will be handled directly through the physician.
For Class II Controlled Substances, please notify our offices 5 working days prior to the pharmacy needing to refill the prescription, as your physician may not be in the office. These prescriptions will not be filled again under a 30-day time period. Prescriptions that are misplaced, stolen or lost will not be replaced.
NTIDC offices always have a physician on-call when the offices are closed. If you have an urgent problem, please keep in mind the following:
- Routine medication refills are only filled during office hours
- Class II Controlled Substance refills are only filled during office hours
- Scheduling and/or canceling appointments will not be done after hours. Please contact the offices during normal business hours.
- Antibiotics will not be prescribed without an office visit.
- If you have a life-threatening or medical emergency, please call 911 or go to the nearest emergency medical facility
- In order to contact an on-call physician, please contact our office.
Insurance and Patient Fees
NTIDC participates with the vast majority of insurance plans, including both Medicare and Medicaid. Our knowledgeable and friendly staff will help you understand if our services are covered and if you will be responsible for any unmet deductible, coinsurance or co-pay amounts. These amounts, as well as any service provided by NTIDC that is not covered by your health plan, will be payable at the time of your visit. Please bring your insurance card to your appointment so we may verify your medical coverage.
If you have any additional questions regarding fees or are in need of making special payment arrangements, please speak with one of our Patient Account Managers. As a courtesy to you, our office will file insurance claims. However, patients assume ultimate financial responsibility for payment.
For billing questions, you may contact the Patient Account Manager by calling 214-823-2533.